Social and environmental commitment: We work to make your trip, as well as safe and fun, overall responsible and conscious.EXPLORE ADVENTURES Peru promote the welfare of communities we work with, choosing local suppliers with a strong commitment to the environment, organizing our logistics field to produce the least possible environmental impact, using solar products
and recycling our waste after each outgoing. At the moment we are in a development process to accomplish the requirements of certain certifications.For this reason and in order to deliver this message, we created EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU GREEN.
When travelling with us you are giving support to organizations that conserve natural resources, protect the flora and wildlife and contribute to the welfare of local communities.
Our main goal is to travel to remote natural areas and preserve them, causing the least environmental and cultural impact, in order to enjoy, appreciate and study natural attractions (landscapes, flora and fauna) and cultural events. We also contribute to conservation efforts and the welfare of the communities which we work with.
Sustainable Tourism:EXPLORE ADVENTURES is committed to provide direct support to community members of Quiswarani- Cusco and Taquile-Puno.
¿How do we give support to these communities?
- •For many communities in Peru, tourism has become an important part of their economic activity and development. We are committed to train and guide them, so that they can provide better service to their visitors.
- • Generally, these communities open the doors of their homes for tourists.EXPLORE ADVENTURES Peru gives financially support and help implement improvements in their own homes. These gives them better life conditions and in turn give more facilities for visitors. Projects are supervised from start to finish by our team.
- • We train individual members of the community to fulfill various functions within our travel logistics. They have been selected for their high responsibility, willingness to learn and succeed. Today, they make up much of our staff joining us to our various hiking routes, consolidating the EXPLORE ADVENTURES Peru team.
- •We lead volunteers to do work in these communities. These are experiences that enrich both the community and individuals seeking to support those who need it most.
Explore Adventures Peru is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
Fresh local produce on sale at small village market in Peru Local Peruvian weaving intricate scarves for local markets
Top responsible travel tips for Peru
- 1. Be considerate of Peru’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.
- 2. Dress modestly and respectfully when visiting communities, sacred sites and places of worship.
- 3. For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water.
- 4. Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
- 5. When bargaining at markets, stay calm, be reasonable and keep a smile on your face. It's meant to be fun!
- 6. Learn some local language and don't be afraid to use it - simple greetings will help break the ice.
- 7. Shop for locally made products. Supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
- 8. Refrain from supporting businesses that exploit or abuse endangered animals.
- 9. Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.
- 10. When on community visits or homestays, refrain from giving gifts or money to locals.
The Explore Foundation
The Explore Foundation provides travellers with an opportunity to give something back to the many wonderful communities we travel to. By donating to The Explore Foundation you can make a difference in local communities - in health care, education, human rights, child welfare and the protection of wildlife and the environment.
In Peru, the Explore Foundation proudly supports:
GET THE LATEST DEALS ON THE TREKS AND TOURS YOU WANT AT EXCLUSIVE PRICES.