Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5D/4N, with Coffe Tour - LLACTAPATA. Exclusive itinerary designed by the only specialist in "trekking OFF the beaten tracks", in which you will visit 2 glacial lakes, and enjoy amazing glaciers. We include the third camping site at Lucmabamba and day 4 hike by real Inca Trail
to one ancient Inca ruins LLactapata which are located right in front of Machu Picchu. From this viewpoint enjoy the greatest angle view of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains like: Huayna Picchu Mt, Machu Picchu Mt and Salkantay Mt.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek, you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek, route and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you. This will take approximately 40 minutes, where you will receive your duffel bags that will be carried by horses along the trail.
Day 1: SORAPAMPA – HUMANTAY LAKE – SOYROCOCHA
Day 2: SOYROCOCHA – SALKANTAY PASS – COLLPAPAMPA
Day 3: COLLPAPAMPA – LUCMABAMBA ´COFFEE TOUR´
Day 4: LUCMABAMBA – LLACTAPATA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
DAY 1 – CUSCO TO Soraypampa – Humantay Lake - Soyroccocha
At the trail head (Soraypampa) we enjoying the amazing views of Humantay (5900mt) and Salkantay (6217mt) Mountain glaciers. Then we do a short hike up to see the turquoise Umantay Lake which will take 2,5 hours round-trip,where we have our delicious lunch in front of the beautiful glacier. afterwards we continue with a gentle climb for 1,5 hours to Salkantaypampa. we continue for one more hour uphill by switchback to our first campsite at Soroccocha located at the foot of Salkantay Mountain. Then enjoy your tea time with coffe and hot chocolate. The views on this day will be truly breathtaking. The best SUNSET of SALCANTAY
Star Point: Soraypampa (3,869 m/12,690 ft)
Trekking Time: Approximately 7 hours (including lunch in route Sakantaypampa)
Hiking Level: Moderate
DAY 2 – CROSSING THE SALKANTAY PASS
Today’s the big day - amazing pictures of The best SUNRISE of SALCANTAY. we reach the trek’s highest point on the Salkantay Pass (4,638 m/15,213 ft). Take in views of snowcapped peaks of the Vilcabamba Range in every direction and the glaciated south face of Mt. Salkantay towering above. We begin our descent along the Salkantay River, where warm air starts rising from the jungle, accompanied by colorful butterflies and striking orchids.
lunch: Wayraqpunku (3,906 m/12,812 ft)
Trekking Time: 6–8 hours (including lunch)
Hiking Level: Challenging, crossing a 4,640m/15,200 ft mountain pass
Overnight: Colpapampa (2,870 m/9,414 ft)
DAY 3 –THE CLOUD FOREST- FOLLOWING THE SANTA TERESA RIVER VALLEY
Today we hike through more populated rural areas, passing through banana, granadilla and avocado orchards. We’ll camp at Lucmabamba which is surrounded by its own avocado trees and coffe plantacion. After lunch We’ll have tour of organic coffee plantation, one of many in that area that produces some
of the best organic coffee in the world.
Overnight: Lucmabamba (2,135 m/7,003 ft)
Trekking Time: 6–7 hours (including lunch)
Hiking Level: Moderate to Challenging
DAY 4 – FIRST VIEWS OF MACHU PICCHU FROM LLACTAPATA PASS
On our last trekking day, we hike along the Llactapata Pass and come upon a distant but spectacular view of Machu Picchu Sanctuary from the southeast, a view few travelers ever get a chance to admire. Then we’ll make our way to the train bound for our ultimate destination: Machu Picchu.
Overnight: Aguas Calientes (1,900 m/6,232 ft)
Trekking Time: 5–6 hours
Hiking Level: Moderate to Challenging
DAY 5 – VISIT MACHU PICCHU SANCTUARY
We will take an introductory two-hour guided tour of the Inca Citadel, after which we have the rest of the morning to explore the site on our own or hike the steep Huayna Picchu or visiting the Sun Gate for expansive views. After that we go back to Aguas Calientes and later in the afternoon we return by train to Ollantaytambo or Poroy and to Cuzco by minibus.
With the Salkantay Trek 5 days package you will receive:
Transportation and Tickets
- Private transport from your Cusco hotel to the start of the trek
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer from Cusco train station back to your Cusco hotel
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
- tikets for ZIPLINE at Santa teresa/ OPTIONAL
- We use four-season Eureka or Doites tents with two entrances and a capacity for four people (for comfort, only two people per tent)
- Foam mattresses, tables, and seat for each tent
- Food and drink utensils
- Dinner tent and kitchen tent for the group
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Professional, knowledgeable bilingual guide
- A cook to prepare your meals
- Porters to carry provided equipment and food (additional porters can be hired to carry your personal belongings)
- Our guides are professional and multilingual. Not only do they possess an excellent knowledge of the Inca Trail, but they’re also wholly familiar with all of the intricate archaeological, historical, and cultural Inca traditions. All of our tour personnel are also highly qualified in tour group management and in first
- High quality meals to provide the necessary energy for this challenging trek
- In addition to three meals daily, you will be given revitalizing snacks
- Hot drinks such as tea and coffee, as well as enough water for your canteens, water bottles, or hydration packs (collected from local streams and boiled while on the trek)
Price per person (adult) $690.00 (Minimum 2 persons; departures all year except February)
* We include duffle bags 8kls and a horse that will carry your personal belongings in all of our treks at no additional cost.
*Emergency horse available throughout the trek, in the event someone is not feeling well.
* We include First- aid kit/Emergency Portable Oxygen Tank.
- Student Discount (with valid ISIC card) – $40
- Under 15 Discount – $25
- Under 7 Discount – $35
- Hiking poles - US$15.00 (pair)
- Sleeping bag - 4 season - US$30.00
- Private Tent - US$30.00
- air mattress -$15
horses- Our service includes 8kg carried by our horses per person, but if you would like an upgrade:
Train upgrade to Vistadome: US$50.00 one way (Departing from Aguas Calientes) Train will be according to availability and Peru Rail schedules, if train route ends at Ollantaytambo, we will be there waiting for you in order to go to Cusco City. (Our service ends once you are at your accommodation at Cusco City)
Would you also like to hike Huayna Picchu? Sure you we can make it! Its price is US$65.00 per person and there are 2 turns (at 7 am and 10am), Only 400 people can hike Huaynapicchu per day. You will climb it on your own after the tour in Machu Picchu, starting around 10:00 a.m. We recommend that you book your tickets in advance to let us know of your interest in Huayna Picchu. Machu Picchu Mountain is an alternative climbing mountain, which also offers fantastic views of Machupicchu. We recommend it if Huayna Picchu Mountain is full.
1. Because of the strict regulations of the Machupicchu Park, once you have made your reservation, you cannot cancel the space that you have reserved. You also may not alter the name or date of the reservation. If you are unable to come on the date you have reserved, we cannot reimburse you.
2. The $200 deposit is non-refundable. We cannot reimburse the entrance fee to the Inca Trail because the permits are non-refundable and EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU purchases the tickets from Machupicchu Park when you reserve your spot.
3. If you cancel between 30 and 10 days before your trek, you must pay 50% of the total cost.
4. If you cancel between 10 and 3 days before your trek, you must pay 80% of the total cost.
5. If you cancel one or two days before your trek, you must pay 100% of the total cost.
6. In the exceptional case that you decide to head back once you have started the trail, you must pay extra expenses such as food and transportation. You may join the group in Machupicchu for the walking tour and use all of the services onward.
Cultural Immersion,Travel is about meeting the local people and experiencing different ways of life. That is why EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU immerses you in the local communities. Visit the most interesting and off the beaten track locations to experience the real Peru! Have a unique cultural adventure at local communities, COMMUNITY STAY and CULTURAL IMMERSION before each trek and take part of our tours.
We are a 100% locally owned and operated company! EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU offers an assortment of adventurous treks and exciting tour packages in Peru, specially designed to appeal to most visitors' budgets that doesn't have a negative impact on the environment or adversely affect local communities. EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU employees are local, Peruvian people. We work to invest in our own country and develop social work to offer our people a better lifestyle and provide opportunities to keep growing. This is the main difference between local companies and foreign companies and associated companies.
Discover the you you never knew...
Discover yourself in Peru
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
Upgrades - HOTELS
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge($460 USD), Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is a luxury hotel in the Sacred Valley, Machupicchu Peru.
Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel 5-star hotel($335 USD) , hotel Privileged located at the Urubamba River and only 20 minutes from the famous Machu Picchu archeological site, this 5- star hotel offers comfort, elegance and relaxation, in Andean Design.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo 3,5-star hotel ($445USD) , Hotel is a colonial-style property that features massage sessions and an Andean sauna. The spacious rooms feature tile floors and sitting areas.
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu 3-star hotel($110 USD) , hotel Offering impressive views of the surrounding hills, Tierra Viva Cusco Machu Picchu.
Andina Luxury hotel ($100 USD),This hotel is located in Aguas Caliente (Machu Picchu town), a few meters from the railway station en route to the hot springs with a breathtaking view of the surrounding vegetation.
Casa Andina Machu Picchu hotel ($150 USD),Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu is a cozy and comfortable hotel strategically located in Aguas Calientes, the access point to the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Upgrades - Restaurants
Indio Feliz Dinner at the Restaurant, Bistro, Bar, Crêperie in MachuPicchu. on Day 1-($35 USD)
Tinkuy Buffet Lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge on Day 2 – US $45
DON'T JUST TRAVEL. EXPLORE! Explore Adventures Peru team!!