Trekking Ancascocha trail is one of the best hikes in the world ,starts in the Soraypampa (point star as well of the famous Salcantay trek 5 days to Machupicchu). Crossing three fairly steep passes, it offers fabulous views of some of the region's best-known snow peaks, Salkantay and Humantay.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek, you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek, route and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you. This will take approximately 40 minutes, where you will receive your duffel bags that will be carried by horses along the trail.
Overview About Ancascocha Trek via Salkantay Machu Picchu 5 Days
Ancascocha and Salkantay treks are listed as one of the National Geographi´s 20 dream hikes in the world and being the best hike list hike both in one trek best choose.
Overview About Ancascocha Trek Machu Picchu 4 Days
• First: Cusco - Mollepata - Soraypampa - Salkantaypampa- Pampa Japonesa
• Second: Pampa Japonesa - Inka Chiriaska - Millpo - Yahuarmaky
• Third: Millpo / Yahuarmaky - Ancascocha
• Fourth : Ancasqocha - Chillca- Sacred valley
• fifth : Aguas Calientes Machupicchu Cusco
Ancascocha Trek via Salkantay Machupicchu 5 Days With Experienced Local Tour Guide
Highlight: being on a remote, little visited route, isolated landscapes
Location: Sacred valley, very similar landscapes to the traditional Inca Trail with little known ruins. most of the trek is above 4000 m - this is a high altitude trek.
Duration: 5days/ 4nights
Level: difficult- strenuous- Challenging
Adventure Rating: one of the least known routes around Cusco, this is very adventurous and tough. High Altitude. You should be well acclimatised and fit.
Inca Trail alternative: yes, excellent.
Departure Dates: any day with two people. We offer affordably priced tours for 2 people so that you can depart when it suits you best. NOT RECOMMENDED in December, January or February (weather conditions).This hike is offered only by few companies, which gives you the opportunity to encounter well preserved landscapes. Ancascocha alternative trail offers visitors beautiful Andean high Valleys, snow-covered peaks such as: (Salkantay, 6.271m. Humantay, Huayanay and others), and also colorful lakes such as Salkantay, Ancascocha and others
DAY 01: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAYPAMPA - PAMPA JAPONESA
We will pick you up and drive you to Soraypampa (3840m), where we will start hiking. Soraypampa is the campsite for the first day of the Salkantay trek. In Soraypampa we will start our trek up to the Humantay Lake (4200 m.a.s.l.) with beautiful views and if the sky is clear enough, we can see the impressive snow-capped Salkantay and Humantay. It is a 1.5-hour-walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty, and more than worth it when you see the magical view. We will have enough time to take pictures, After some free time, we will start our descent to Soraypampa of about 1.5 hours and after some rest we start hikinf to the campsite. At Salkantaypampa we will have lunch. After several hours of trekking we will arrive to our campsite called Pampa Japonesa (4600m).
DAY 02: PAMPA JAPONESA - INKA CHIRIASKA - MILLPO/YAHUARMAKY
After breakfast we will start trekking with incredible views of the Andes all around us, we first hike uphill for 2 hours to Inca Chiriasca pass (4,960 m /16,272 ft.) Here we will be able to see the magnificence of the Vilcabamba and the Urubamba mountain ranges. We will cross several passes: like Inca Chiriaska (4959m), Tocto (4821m), Calacocha (4667m), Cruz Casa (4600m) and Millpo (4399m). If you are feeling good we might continue to the campsite at Yahuarmaky, if not we will camp at Millpo. Total walking time: 9hours
DAY 03: MILLPO/YAHUARMAKY - ANCASCOCHA
We will start walking towards the pass Chusqenay (4630m), descend to the pass of RumiInca, continue to the narrow valley of Yahuarmaky and finally reach the pass of Aqocasa (4686m). From this mountain is possible to see the famous Inka trail which leads to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Humantay, and Huayanay and Huacaywillka Best views . Along the way we can see a small archaeological site called Inka Raqay. After that we will ascent to the pass of Huayanay (4630m). Our campsite is at Ancascocha ( or Ancascocha Lagoon 3700m). Total walking time: 8-9hours
DAY 04: ANCASCOCHA - CHILLCA
After breakfast we will walk down hill in order to arrive to Chillca. From Ancascocha there is 2 hours of descent to Arequipapampa. We will pass small villages. The descent becomes easier towards Camicancha (2930m), where our car may pick us up, or we will continue to descend to Chillca. We will take the train around 4:00pm to Aguas Calientes, where we will have celebratory dinner and spend the night in a hotel.
DAY 05: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
After spending the previous night in a comfortable hotel, we can take the earliest bus up trom Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, arriving around 6:00 am. After having an interesting 3 hours guided tour of the ruins, you will have some extra time to explore the ruins on your own.After enjoying the remains, we will take the bus down to Aguas Calientes where You will board a train in the afternoon that will take you back to Cusco, where you will arrive to in the evening.
With the Ancascocha Trail package you will receive:
Transportation and Tickets
- Private transport from your Cusco hotel to the start of the trek
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer from Cusco train station back to your Cusco hotel
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu
- hotel in Aguas Calientes
- We use four-season Eureka tents with two entrances and a capacity for four people (for comfort, only two people per tent)
- Foam mattresses, tables, and seat for each tent
- Food and drink utensils
- Dinner tent and kitchen tent for the group
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
- Professional, knowledgeable bilingual guide
- A cook to prepare your meals
- Porters to carry provided equipment and food (additional porters can be hired to carry your personal belongings)
- Our guides are professional and multilingual. Not only do they possess an excellent knowledge of the Inca Trail, but they’re also wholly familiar with all of the intricate archaeological, historical, and cultural Inca traditions. All of our tour personnel are also highly qualified in tour group management and in first
- High quality meals to provide the necessary energy for this challenging trek
- In addition to three meals daily, you will be given revitalizing snacks
- Hot drinks such as tea and coffee, as well as enough water for your canteens, water bottles, or hydration packs (collected from local streams and boiled while on the trek)
Price per person: US$760 (Minimum 2 persons; departures all year)
We include duffle bags 8kls and a horse that will carry your personal belongings in all of our treks at no additional cost.
Student Discount (with valid ISIC card) – $25
Under 15 Discount – $25
Under 7 Discount – $35
Hiking poles - US$15.00 (pair)
Sleeping bag -4 season - US$30.00
Private Tent - US$30.00
Air mattress -$15
Would you also like to hike Huayna Picchu? Sure you we can make it! Its price is US$70.00 per person and there are 2 turns (at 7 am and 10am), Only 400 people can hike Huaynapicchu per day. You will climb it on your own after the tour in Machu Picchu, starting around 10:00 a.m. We recommend that you book your tickets in advance to let us know of your interest in Huayna Picchu. Machu Picchu Mountain is an alternative climbing mountain, which also offers fantastic views of Machupicchu. We recommend it if Huayna Picchu Mountain is full.
1. Because of the strict regulations of the Machupicchu Park, once you have made your reservation, you cannot cancel the space that you have reserved. You also may not alter the name or date of the reservation. If you are unable to come on the date you have reserved, we cannot reimburse you.
2. The $200 deposit is non-refundable. We cannot reimburse the entrance fee to the Inca Trail because the permits are non-refundable and EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU purchases the tickets from Machupicchu Park when you reserve your spot.
3. If you cancel between 30 and 10 days before your trek, you must pay 50% of the total cost.
4. If you cancel between 10 and 3 days before your trek, you must pay 80% of the total cost.
5. If you cancel one or two days before your trek, you must pay 100% of the total cost.
6. In the exceptional case that you decide to head back once you have started the trail, you must pay extra expenses such as food and transportation. You may join the group in Machupicchu for the walking tour and use all of the services onward.
Cultural Immersion Experience
Travel is about meeting the local people and experiencing different ways of life. That is why EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU immerses you in the local communities. Visit the most interesting and off the beaten track locations to experience the real Peru! Have a unique cultural adventure at local communities, COMMUNITY STAY and CULTURAL IMMERSION before each trek and take part of our tours.
We are a 100% locally owned and operated company! Proud to be Quechuas!!!
EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU offers an assortment of adventurous treks and exciting tour packages in Peru, specially designed to appeal to most visitors' budgets that doesn't have a negative impact on the environment or adversely affect local communities. EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU employees are local, Peruvian people. We work to invest in our own country and develop social work to offer our people a better lifestyle and provide opportunities to keep growing. This is the main difference between local companies and foreign companies and associated companies.
Our Group Services have a maximum group size of 8
Most tour operators work with a maximum of 16 on the Inca Trail, since this is authorized by law, or even higher on other trekking routes.
We treat our staff
Including chefs, porters and wranglers with the utmost respect and fairness. EXPLORE ADVENTURES not only complies with the Porter Law and Regulation, but our wages are over the minimum requested by law and above the average pay by most tour operators.
We have expert Top Tour Guides
For special requests (ornithology, history and archaeology, flora and fauna and also generalist guides). All our guides have been trained in advanced first aid by certified doctors in Peru. On all of our treks, not only on the Inca Trail, there will be a guide for every 8 guests. The head guide will ensure the utmost safety to our guests by providing them undivided attention.
We use innovative equipment
Such as an igloo, waterproof, spacious tents, camping equipment specialized for high mountain treks, such as Vaude, Eureka and Doite tents. Each tent has a capacity for 3 people, but are used only for 2 people.
We have one of the most outstanding meal services in the field
Our chefs have been highly trained by several institutes in Lima and Cusco. You should be prepared to not only have a superb trekking experience, but also a culinary one, including generous and delicious breakfasts, snacks, lunches, tea services and dinners. Our delectable menus include a variety of Peruvian and international food and also cater for vegetarian and other dietary needs at no extra cost. EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU is recognized for its buffet meals, the quantity and quality of food, and its freshness.
EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU performs responsibly.
Making sure to cause minimal impact on the environment of the natural protected areas where it operates.
We pay legal taxes (19% IGV or consumption tax)on all services contributing to the country’s growth and development. Further to this, we pay a 30% tax on all earnings.
Our superb treatment to our staff is not reduced in the low season: porter and chef wages are maintained, same as guide fees.
Finally, EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU strives to provide top quality service to its clientele and will continue to listen to their comments on how to improve our services and take it to a higher level. Our clients are extremely satisfied as our numerous testimonials prove. Please read their trip reports on the Testimonials section of our website and also on Tripadvisor.