QEROS NATION TREK ITINERARY
DAY 01: CUSCO – ANCAPI - CH’ALLMACHIMPANA
We pick up from your hotel, leaving Cusco Traveling southeast from the capital of the Inka Empire, one encounters the most important Natural Gods of the Cordillera of Vilcanota: Ausangate Mount (20,839 ft) and Sinaq'ara Mount (19,685 ft), we arrive to Ocongate town and finally continue to the trail head Ancapi. Here will meet the rest of our trek team, Cook and the arrieros (horse handlers), Horses to carry all food, our backpacks, and the camping gear. After to walking some hours of uphill trekking to Ch’allmachimpana, there we will set up our campsite (L - D) - Available cold shower.
DAY 02: CH’ALLMACHIMPANA - HATUN QUEROS
After breakfast we hit the trail, observing pastoral children and herds of Llama and Alpacas. We walk until we arrive to the Hatun Qeros nation (9,500 ft) at around lunch time. At first sight, it’s a strange and inhospitable place surrounded by an impressive landscape between the mountains and the valley. Here you’ll be introduced to the inhabitants of Qeros. Afterwards you can wander off and explore at your own pace around this special place seeing the real Andean life of this unexplore community (B - L - D) - Available cold shower.
DAY 03: HATUN QUEROS – COCHA MOQO
In the morning we starts our trekking to Cocha Moqo we continue observing the woman knit andean clothes by hand using the traditional technique inherited from Incas. We have the chance to will see condors flying around mountain (B - L - D) - Available cold shower.
DAY 04: COCHA MOQO – CH’ALLMACHIMPANA
Today we back to Ch’allmachimpana village, this day we continue enjoy the view of the magic mountains and the llamas grazing next of the river. It’s the last day to explore by this ancient area. Set up the tents and time to explore around on your own (B - L - D) - Available cold shower.
DAY 05: CH’ALLMACHIMPANA – ANCAPI - CUSCO
We will wake up at dawn and have breakfast before continuing on our way back to Ancapi village. We’ll have lunch and take our private transportation return back to Cusco(B - L) - Available cold shower.
With the Qeros Trek Package you will receive:
Cultural Immersion Experience
- Visit to Patabamba village
- Home stay at the community
- Explore the community with your guide and share the day in the lives of QUECHUAS.
Transportation and tickets
- Private transportation from Cusco to trailahead
- Entrance ticket to Communities
- Sleeping liner and mat
- Dining & bathroom equipment
- Tents for two people (single tents available for extra cost)
- Saddled horse (1 saddled horse for every six passengers)
- First-aid kit
- Tables and seats
- First aid kit/Emergency oxygen bottle
- Professional, knowledgeable bilingual guide
- A cook to prepare your meals
- Mule handlers and mules
- High quality meals to provide the necessary energy for this challenging trek (including vegetarian options upon request)
- In addition to three meals daily, you will be given revitalizing snacks
- Hot drinks such as tea and coffee, as well as enough water for your canteens, water bottles, or hydration packs (collected from local streams and boiled while on the trek)
- Sleeping bag
- Breakfast on the first day
Price per person US$ 800: (Minimum 2 persons; departures all year except February)
We include a horse that will carry your personal belongings in all of our treks at no additional cost.
- •Student Discount (with valid ISIC card) – $25
- •Under 15 Discount – $25
- •Under 7 Discount – $35
EXTRAS (TO RENT)
- •Sleeping Bag (4 season) – $30
- •Pair of Walking poles – $15
- •Air Mattress – $15
1. Because of the strict regulations of the Machupicchu Park, once you have made your reservation, you cannot cancel the space that you have reserved. You also may not alter the name or date of the reservation. If you are unable to come on the date you have reserved, we cannot reimburse you.
2. The $200 deposit is non-refundable. We cannot reimburse the entrance fee to the Inca Trail because the permits are non-refundable and EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU purchases the tickets from Machupicchu Park when you reserve your spot.
3. If you cancel between 30 and 10 days before your trek, you must pay 50% of the total cost.
4. If you cancel between 10 and 3 days before your trek, you must pay 80% of the total cost.
5. If you cancel one or two days before your trek, you must pay 100% of the total cost.
6. In the exceptional case that you decide to head back once you have started the trail, you must pay extra expenses such as food and transportation. You may join the group in Machupicchu for the walking tour and use all of the services onward.
Cultural Immersion Experiences,Travel is about meeting the local people and experiencing different ways of life. That is why EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU immerses you in the local communities. Visit the most interesting and off the beaten track locations to experience the real Peru! Have a unique cultural adventure at local communities, COMMUNITY STAY and CULTURAL IMMERSION before each trek and take part of our tours.
We are a 100% locally owned and operated company! EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU offers an assortment of adventurous treks and exciting tour packages in Peru, specially designed to appeal to most visitors' budgets that doesn't have a negative impact on the environment or adversely affect local communities. EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU employees are local, Peruvian people. We work to invest in our own country and develop social work to offer our people a better lifestyle and provide opportunities to keep growing. This is the main difference between local companies and foreign companies and associated companies.
Discover the you you never knew...
Discover yourself in Peru
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING