Huchuy qosqo trek to Machu picchu 2 days hiking is easily the shortest of the treks and is best suited for those with a limited amount of time, but who would still like to do a bit of trekking before they see Machu Picchu with fantastic views of mountains and the Andes.
It is the lowest in altitude (4350 meters) of the alternative treks and also the shortest in distance (17 kilometers) but still sees some great examples of Inca Stairs and other Inca ruins along the way.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain you about the trek, route and all the necessary recommendations will be provide. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
Day 1: Cusco – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes
- 6:30am pickup from the hotel and transfer to Chinchero then to Tauca, starting point of the trek
- The views of the Vilcabamba Mountain Range peaks are spectacular: Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan snow peaks.
- Hike to Huchuy Qosqo, stop for lunch and continue to Lamay
- From Lamay, you will be transferred to Ollantaytambo to catch an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes
- Spend one night in Aguas Calientes in a 2-star hotel
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Hiking time: 7 hours
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Early breakfast at hotel
- Bus up to Machu Picchu (30 minutes) for the journey up to Machu Picchu ruins.
Once inside the citadel, we are provided with a 3 hour tour
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (advanced booking required)
- Then back to Aguas Calientes and approximately at 2:55pm or 4:00pm, we take our return train to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from train station to Cusco hotel
- End of the service
Our Treks: Ancascocha Trek – Moonstone Trek – Huchuy Qosqo Trek – Salkantay Trek – Lares Llama Trek – Ausangate Trek – Choquequirao Trek
Optional Tours / Activities : City tour, Sacred Valley , Extreme Sports Cusco, Off the Beaten Track tours.