Huchuy Qosqo trekking to Machu Picchu 3 Day Trek. This trek is fantastic if you have only a few days or you are looking for a suitable trek for your family, but who would still like to do a bit of trekking before they see Machu Picchu with fantastic views of mountains and the Andes.
It is the lowest in altitude (4150 meters) of the 3 alternative treks and also the shortest in distance (17 kilometers) but still sees some great examples of Inca Stairs and other Inca ruins along the way. As there are only 2 days of trekking, you will only camp for one night and then sleep in a hotel on the next night.
This trek is ideal for those passengers who really want to be far in the middle of nowhere with only nature surrounding them as they camp in an area that is scarcely seen by tourists. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is situated above the Valley of Urubamba and offers very spectacular views over the mountain range Cordillera de Vilcanota.
This trek is also a great way for you to enjoy a shorter trek that still includes Machu Picchu and Inca trails (with Inca stairs that are better than the Inca Trail). You will have one night of camping in the wilderness and then the very next night will be spent in our hotel at Aguas Calientes.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek, route and all the necessary recommendations will provided. This will take approximately 40 minutes, where you will receive your duffel bags to be carried by the porters along the trail.
Day 1: Cusco – Patabamba – Pumamarca- Huchuy Qosqo
- 6:00am pickup from the hotel and transfer to patabamba, the starting point of the trek
- Day hike to Pumamarca including climbing 2 mountain passes and a lunch stop along the way
- Overnight camping in Pumamarca
- Meals: Lunch Dinner
Accommodation :Camping 4010 masl
Maximum Altitude: 4150masl
Minimum Altitude: 3700masl
Distance Travelled: 14 km
Approximate Walking Time: 6-7 hours
Day 2: Huchuy Qosqo – Taucca – Chincheros – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- We leave the campsite at 7:00am and continue to Huchuy Qosqo
- After a guided tour of Huchuy Qosqo, we continue to Taucca Pass, then stop for lunch
- After lunch, we will be transferred to Chincheros then to Ollantaytambo to catch an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes
- Meals: Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel Aguas Calientes or choose an upgrade option from recommendations below
Maximum Altitude: 4450masl
Minimum Altitude: 3900masl
Distance Travelled: 12 kms
Approximate Walking Time: 5-6 hours
Day 3: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- Early breakfast at hotel
- Bus up to Machu Picchu (30 minutes)
- Tour in Machu Picchu
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (advanced booking required)
- Afternoon train from Aguas Calientes to Poroy
- Transfer from train station to Cusco hotel
- End of the service