Inca Trail 2 day hike or short Inca Trail 2 days to MachuPicchu: This hike is a terrific option for those who want to experience the beauty and wonders of arriving to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail, but have less time or physical ability to do a more extended trek. On our first day we take a lovely hike to the archeological complex of Winay Wayna, then follow the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
After spending the night in Aguas Calientes, we have the entire second day to explore Machu Picchu.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
Treks on 2019 - 2020 -Daily Departures!!!
BRIEFING: The day before the trek you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek route and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you according to the trekking season you choose. This will take approximately 40 minutes.
Day 1: Cusco – Km 104 – Sun Gate – Machu Picchu
- Pickup from the hotel and transfer to Poroy train station to km 104 the starting point of the trek
- or take you on a journey of two hours, with a private transportation to the train station in Ollantaytambo
- Hike to Machu Picchu/Bus to Aguas Calientes
- Overnight in a Aguas Calientes hotel
- Trail head elevation 2000 meters
- Highest point elevation INTIPUNKO- SUNGATE 2700 meters
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
- Early breakfast at hotel
- Bus up to Machu Picchu (30 minutes)
- Tour in Machu Picchu
- Climb to Huayna Picchu (advanced booking required)
- Afternoon train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo /Poroy
- Transfer from train station to Cusco hotel
- Train times at 2:55pm, 4:45 pm, or 6:45pm depending on availability at Peru Rail
Why short Inca Trail 2 days To Machu picchu
why the Short Inca trail 2 days has become more popular in the last couple of years. There are many costumers that want to experience the Original Inca trail, however not all have 4 days available to complete the classic Inca trail to Machu Picchu. Therefore we have designed a short inca trail 2 days especially so that travellers can experience the authentic Inca trail along with its spectacular vistas of Machu Picchu
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu culminates with you passing through the amazing Sun gate entrance to Machu Picchu where you will be able to see the iconic view of Machu Picchu and appreciate it in all its splendour at sunrise next day. Don’t miss out on this unique experience in 2019 - 2020!!!
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT RESERVATIONS BE MADE AT LEAST 3-6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE AS PERMITS ARE LIMITED PER DAY AND SELL OUT QUICKLY. IF YOU DON'T FIND SPACE FOR INCA TRAIL LOOK INTO OUR ALTERNATIVE TREKS...