Off the Beaten Track. Hiking to Halancoma Glacier “Lost Inca Trail to Lost City of the Incas” was originally designed as an alternative trek to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu and turned out to be a favorite for many explorers. The authenticity of the environment and outstanding landscapes make this trek very special.
The terrain is similar to the Inca trail with the difference that you hardly meet other trekkers on the trail;we will see remote valley inhabited by indigenous Quechuas whose cultures go back to before the Inca Empire. we meet the families of Choquechaca, and to learn about their ancient and disappearing culture. camp near their homes and encounter little visited Inca sites in the midst of a pristine mountain environment with ice and snow reminiscent of ancient times. This adventures is unique only Explore Adventures Peru offers that and can´t be experienced with no other travel company in the world.
“GET UP. GO. EXPLORE.”
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
BRIEFING: The day before the trek, you will meet with your trekking guide at our EXPLORE ADVENTURES office and meet all the members of your group. Your guide will explain to you about the trek, route and all the necessary recommendations will be provided to you. This will take approximately 40 minutes, where you will receive your duffel bags that will be carried by horses along the trail.
Day 1: CUSCO, ABRA MALAGA ,
Day 2: HALANCOMA GLACIER , AZUL COCHA
Day 3: CHOQUECHACA,
Day 4: PUMAMARCA, OLLANTAYTAMBO/MACHU PICCHU hotel at Aguas Calientes tonw
Day 5: MACHU PICCHU afternoon back to Cusco
With the LOST Inca Trail Trek Package you will receive:
Cultural Immersion Experience
- Visit to Patabamba village
- Home stay at the community
- Explore the community with your guide and share the day in the lives of QUECHUAS.
Transportation and tickets
- Private transportation from Cusco to trailhead
- Round trip bus tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer from Cusco train station back to your Cusco hotel
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- 2-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping liner and mat
- Dining & bathroom equipment
- Tents for two people (single tents available for extra cost)
- Saddled horse (1 saddled horse for every six passengers)
- First-aid kit
- Tables and seats
- First aid kit/Emergency oxygen bottle
- Professional, knowledgeable bilingual guide
- A cook to prepare your meals
- Mule handlers and mules
- High quality meals to provide the necessary energy for this challenging trek (including vegetarian options upon request)
- In addition to three meals daily, you will be given revitalizing snacks
- Hot drinks such as tea and coffee, as well as enough water for your canteens, water bottles, or hydration packs (collected from local streams and boiled while on the trek)
- Sleeping bag
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch on the last day
Price per person: US$690 (Minimum 2 persons; departures dry season from April to October)
We include duffle bags 8kls and a horse that will carry your personal belongings in all of our treks at no additional cost.
- Student Discount (with valid ISIC card) – $25
- Under 15 Discount – $25
- Under 7 Discount – $35
- Hiking poles - US$15.00 (pair)
- Sleeping bag -4 season - US$30.00
- Private Tent - US$30.00
- Air mattress -$15
Would you also like to hike Huayna Picchu? Sure you we can make it! Its price is US$65.00 per person and there are 2 turns (at 7 am and 10am), Only 400 people can hike Huaynapicchu per day. You will climb it on your own after the tour in Machu Picchu, starting around 10:00 a.m. We recommend that you book your tickets in advance to let us know of your interest in Huayna Picchu. Machu Picchu Mountain is an alternative climbing mountain, which also offers fantastic views of Machupicchu. We recommend it if Huayna Picchu Mountain is full.
- 1. Because of the strict regulations of the Machupicchu Park, once you have made your reservation, you cannot cancel the space that you have reserved. You also may not alter the name or date of the reservation. If you are unable to come on the date you have reserved, we cannot reimburse you.
- 2. The $200 deposit is non-refundable. We cannot reimburse the entrance fee to the Inca Trail because the permits are non-refundable and EXPLORE ADVENTURES PERU purchases the tickets from Machupicchu Park when you reserve your spot.
- 3. If you cancel between 30 and 10 days before your trek, you must pay 50% of the total cost.
- 4. If you cancel between 10 and 3 days before your trek, you must pay 80% of the total cost.
- 5. If you cancel one or two days before your trek, you must pay 100% of the total cost.
- 6. In the exceptional case that you decide to head back once you have started the trail, you must pay extra expenses such as food and transportation. You may join the group in Machupicchu for the walking tour and use all of the services onward.
Discover the you you never knew...
Discover yourself in Peru
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED - IF YOU'RE BOOKED, YOU'RE GOING
Upgrades - HOTELS
Belmond Sanctuary Lodge($460 USD),
Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel 5-star hotel($335 USD) , hotel Privileged located at the Urubamba River and only 20 minutes from the famous Machu Picchu archeological site, this 5- star hotel offers comfort, elegance and relaxation, in Andean Design.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo 3,5-star hotel ($445USD) , Hotel is a colonial-style property that features massage sessions and an Andean sauna. The spacious rooms feature tile floors and sitting areas.
Tierra Viva Machu Picchu 3-star hotel($110 USD) , hotel Offering impressive views of the surrounding hills, Tierra Viva Cusco Machu Picchu .
Andina Luxury hotel ($100 USD),This hotel is located in Aguas Caliente (Machu Picchu town), a few meters from the railway station en route to the hot springs with a breathtaking view of the surrounding vegetation.
Casa Andina Machu Picchu hotel ($150 USD),Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu is a cozy and comfortable hotel strategically located in Aguas Calientes, the access point to the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Indio Feliz Dinner at the Restaurant, Bistro, Bar, Crêperie in MachuPicchu. on Day 1-($35 USD)
Tinkuy Buffet Lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge on Day 2 – US $45
DON'T JUST TRAVEL. EXPLORE! Explore Adventures Peru team!!